By Oscar Wilde
Cantey V. Sutton Theatre (Reserved Seating)
April 12 - 28, 2013
Gus Allen as Algernon and Brook North as as Jack. Photo by Curtis Brown Photography. Press kit.
The Importance of Being Earnest
is sponsored by
Richardson, Carrington, Weaver & Associates
Comedy. A rousing romantic escapade and absurd comedic masterpiece about class and etiquette. In a stylish send-up of Victorian courtship and manners, charming bachelors Jack and Algernon lead double lives to woo the two young ladies who have won their hearts. When they are caught in their lies, the stage is set for clever manipulations and hilarious confusion.
Oscar Wilde dishes up scathing social satire, effervescent wit, and high farce, making this one of the most cherished plays in the English language.
Director: John T. "Jack" Hall
What the critics say:
- “Wilde’s witty style keeps even the savviest modern viewers on their toes. [RLT’s] rendition, directed by John T. “Jack” Hall, picks up on all of Wilde’s clever cues and delivers a funny social commentary that astute viewers of all ages are sure to enjoy.”
-- Triangle Arts and Entertainment
- “[RLT’s] production is enjoyable and fun, a fitting representation of brilliant text. Folks familiar with the play and those who have never seen it before will all enjoy Wilde’s antics and this particular production of the work.”
-- Broadway World
- “The actors go just enough over the top to keep the edge on their antics, and to keep us thoroughly engaged. In short, they are hilarious... In all, a fine cast and crew, well directed, well rehearsed, well performed. Bravo!”
-- Boom! Magazine
Download the show poster.
Tickets available now. Buy them online or from the box office at 919-821-3111.
First Sunday: $12 for all
Note: Students are up to and including college. Seniors are age 62 and up.
Shows are April 12 - 28, 2013.
Location: Cantey V. Sutton Theatre
Recommend this show to your friends on Facebook!
Click the show time to order tickets for that show.
* Join us after the opening night performance for a wine and cheese reception in the main stage lobby where you can meet the cast. All opening night ticket holders are welcome.
- Jack: Brook North
- Algernon: Gus Allen
- Lane/Merriman: Tony Hefner
- Chasuble: Rowell Gormon
- Moulton: Gary Watts
- Lady Bracknell: Rebecca Johnston
- Cecily: Sheryl Scott
- Gwendolyn Kate Bowra
- Prism: Diane Monson
For more information, please contact the RLT Box Office on 919-821-3111.
All performances are wheelchair accessible.
Assistive listening devices are available for all performances.
You are here: Home
> Our 2012-2013 season of shows
> The Importance of Being Earnest